Skype
pjorg9

All 12 art Reviews

Character Designs Character Designs

That one dude has a wicked tiny head compared to his buddies. I'm not a genius when it comes to designing characters either- but I think the two main points for coming up with effective character designs are 1. make 'em look unique and 2. design the character's outside to reflect the inside. This will create iconic designs that the viewer can instantly associate the specific character with whenever they appear.
So yeah, uniqueness is pretty important so you can quickly tell them all apart and have that immediate association. Simple palette and clothing changes over the same basic mold will still give you a bland, Scott-Pilgrimesque look. The noses and head shapes are all different so good job there. I suggest messing around with different heights, weights, and builds to add some real variety.

McBinkles responds:

haha i actually just finished reading scott pilgrim after being obsessed with it, that might be part of the problem. Thank you Pjorg, I will heed your words

also, I fixed the head sizes (the guy on the far left's was pretty huge as well)

Big Fan Big Fan

Oh hey it's manly chicken! Can't wait to see this one in action.

Penicorn Friendship Penicorn Friendship

...

I'm a filly and what is this

Halloween special Halloween special

Cool but...

Why is his nose a candy bar?????

Yoshi Yoshi

Hey, thanks for giving me permission to use that!

Don't trace your art.

WTF corn. WTF corn.

Damn...

That's some hardcore corn.

behemoth timeline behemoth timeline

Tom and Dan get married.

It's right there under 2011!

DanPaladin responds:

sweet can't wait

8x10' behemoth display 8x10' behemoth display

@kcrashers10

yeah i think it would be cool if he got paid like a ton of cash to do art in a video game or something and it could have knights in it like the ones he drew here

River Bridge River Bridge

Spectacular

I have been sifting through your artwork lately, and I now believe this is one of your best works. It is sleek like the streets of tokyo at night and has the color scheme of Pittsburgh factory district. Excellent example of perfect lighting/perspective.

Whut the Fuuck Whut the Fuuck

Pretty good.

Because Satans face changes alot I assume it's difficult to get the proportions right, but I think the eyes should be a bit bigger. Also, the horns don't turn the right way, but that's it. Oh, and please add color.